IT & Dev Team Lead
Insured Nomads is the leader in the evolution of insurance for the revolution of travel. We work with partners, investors, and customers all around the world, and aim to provide the most inclusive community for the globally mobile. Our dynamic team is welcoming, collaborative, and diverse. Becoming a part of our team means that you are part of the next generation of travel and a culture of honor.
Our mission is to start the evolution of insurance for the revolution of travel. We are backed by top-tier VCs, GTM funds, and angels including founders/CEOs of some of the fastest-growing companies of all time.
Part of the Insured Nomads People Component is putting the right person in the right seat. We are a globally distributed team, working remotely with a commitment to excellence, honor, and generosity that are committed to ensuring that our team members and culture are a great fit. We are abundance-minded and collaborative, working together to achieve our vision and to help protect people worldwide.
- Be Humbly Confident
- Grow or Go
- Helpful Always
- Keep your word
- Do the right thing
We need passionate go-getters who can take best practices and new concepts around secure information technology management and run with them to ensure that our employees have the most secure experience possible while building world-class security services for our customers. At Insured Nomads, we are an innovative community, and our IT organization operates from the same perspective.
We are seeking an information technology and development team lead to join our team!
- Develop a deep understanding of our technology landscape inside and out to help develop and improve product.
- Lead and coordinate a small team of customer centric implementation engineers (internal and external team members)
- Design, implement and deploy standard and custom solutions to with our underwriters and solution providers.
- Engage with sales and product consulting to create meaningful solutions
- Proactively identify downstream implementation risks and manage the risks with a standardized action plan
- Learn about different technologies used to solve client problems
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to motivate and gain alignment with customers and cross-functional teams
- Strong understanding of REST API’s
- You are comfortable with complexity and ambiguity
- You have the ability to write simple scripts and user interfaces
- Creativity when problem solving, ability to think outside the box
- Knowledgeable in Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN)
What makes you qualified:
- 1-2 years of experience with secure IT management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT management basics, best practices, and standards.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- The ability to help technical and non-technical people with IT problems equally.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills with a penchant for precision.
- Natural curiosity and an inherent desire to help others work in a secure manner.
- Proficiency with modern cloud applications
Would be nice to have:
- Experience working at a very fast-paced startup with <20 people
- XML/ Data Structures
- App management (iOS & Android)
- Insurance experience
Note: If you feel like you do not meet all of the requirements for this role, we encourage you to apply anyways. We are aware that the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting incredible candidates, and do not want it to get in the way of meeting you.